Bruxism is an oral health disorder that is commonly associated with other sleeping disorders such as sleep apnea. Bruxism is caused by unknowingly grinding, clenching, or gnashing your teeth together. This may occur in your normal hours but most often happens while an individual is asleep. Because it can be hard to self-diagnose that you have bruxism, you will need to look extra close at the signs and symptoms:
– You have been told that your snore loudly or grind your teeth at night
– Your teeth appear worn down and flat.
– You have sensitive tooth enamel, which is often most noted when you wake up.
– You have jaw pain or muscle soreness in your mouth after you wake up in the morning.
– The insides of your cheek feel as if they are raw and have been chewed on.
– You have strange markings and indentations on your tongue.
– Your jaw feels damaged or it fails to properly open and close completely.
– You have earaches from time to time.
Come in and see for yourself if you have bruxism. To schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Aloha, Oregon, call Valerie A. Foster, DMD, PC at 503.649.7011 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Dr. Valerie Foster and our entire team look forward to helping you achieve the wonderful smile you desire.